IT Controlling The CONTROL modul of the IT asset management software
In many companies, neither IT costs nor their distribution are transparent. There is also rarely an allocation of costs to business processes. It is therefore difficult to uncover potential savings. The red pen is often applied arbitrarily. However, ill-considered cuts endanger the future viability of the company.
The Control module offers:
- Evaluation of various cost and performance facets such as system- or user-dependent dynamic and fixed costs.
- Control and presentation of different perspectives, e.g. by originator, producer or financier.
- Overview of all services which were carried out within the company as well as the relationship to any external costs.
- Control over primary and secondary costs
- Financing and leasing costs
- User-dependent costs
- System-dependent costs
- Dynamic costs
Who requires control
- Controllers and supervisors have no control over costs incurred by their cost centers (department/projects/etc.). Support requests to a high-cost IT department cannot be tracked and charged internally. There is no way to identify who within the company is incurring the most costs from IT support.
Therefore, IT controlling is required that records direct and indirect costs and services and enables efficient and effective allocation and charging. With OFFICE ASSET, the IT department can act as an internal profit center: For example, it can distribute its costs to the users on a monthly basis in a fully automated manner and according to the source, thus relieving its own cost center. In doing so, you can freely define and assign your costs and activity types.
The suitable co-pilots
Service and IT Control
Deposit the cost of each service to have it calculated automatically.
Order and IT Control
Allocate costs by purchase orders to the respective cost centers (as originators).