PAM – Printer Asset Management The PAM module of the IT asset management software
With our Printer Asset Management you get a central fleet management for your printers and get an overview of printing costs and their origin.
In addition, you can plan, automate and monitor your printer-related processes. This gives you the ability to reduce operational costs and make better use of internal resources.
- Vendor-independent and cross-vendor automatic readout, management and reporting of all specific data of a printer fleet.
- Generation of automatic demands and allocation of pages within company-specific parameters.
- Individual configuration of alarm groups, workflow management and escalations for freely definable error conditions.
- Up-to-date fleet overview with all relevant organizational data
- Automatic just-in-time ordering of consumables
- Avoidance of unused remaining stock
- Detailed breakdown of printed pages by time period, cost center and user
- Analysis of utilization and usage
- Notification of maintenance callouts
- Ordering by mail or standardized interface
- Integration with other OFFICE ASSET modules
- Own CRAWLER for Windows, Linux and Raspberry Pi.
Who requires PAM – printer asset management
- Each employee monitors his printer himself and reports malfunctions and a need for consumables to Purchasing himself. The risk of long downtimes and incorrect orders is high. The consequence is often a stockpiling of consumables, but what if the printer is exchanged?
- The often very expensive consumables find no further use and must be disposed of.
- Storage also poses a risk of theft. The employee who has the same printer at home may access it in the company.
- The IT department as well as the purchasing department often have no overview of printers used in the company. Furthermore, there are no evaluations of printing behavior and printer utilization. As a result, the fleet can be optimized neither ecologically nor economically.
- What if you have to submit a quote and can’t print?
All current SNMP-enabled network printers can be read and processed by a dedicated agent. The browser-enabled central basis supports you in your administrative work with extensive reporting. It offers analyses of printed pages, consumed materials and the technical condition of the devices. Threshold values and events can be individually defined and enable specific reactions. Automatically triggered reorders avoid unnecessary stockouts, and service staff can be notified of replacements on time. The use of standard interfaces to your suppliers and extensive import/export functions in various formats save time and process costs. Thanks to the integration options with other OFFICE ASSET modules (Order, Controlling, Service, Asset Management), you have a comprehensive tool at your fingertips that allows you to optimally and comprehensively manage your printer landscape.
The suitable co-pilots
Order and PAM
Trigger an approval workflow for automatic demand notifications.
Contract and PAM
Deposit MPS contracts and bill them automatically (per-page click prices).
Service and PAM
Create automatic notifications and tickets when an error or malfunction is detected.
Partner and PAM
Store MPS purchase prices, allowing you to evaluate, e.g., margins for individual customers.